New Customers Click Here  
Get Dealer Pricing Access. Click Here
Questions? Call us at 516-933-4900  Account Login  Checkout  Contact Us  Home Shopping Cart The cart is empty.

Account Login



ISC West
April 6-8th 2016
Las Vegas, NV

May 26th 2016
Marlborough, MA

ESX Expo
June 8-10th 2016
Fort Worth, TX

ESX Expo
November 16-17th 2016
New York, NY

Arkansas - Electronic Security Licensing Information


Licensing Required

Licensing Contacts:
Electronic Security Association
2300 Valley View Lane, Suite 230
Irving, TX 75062
Tel: (888) 447-1689
Fax: (214) 260-5979

Arkansas State Police
Regulatory Services
Administrative Services
#1 State Police Plaza Drive
Little Rock, AR 72209
Tel. (501) 618-8600
Fax (501) 618-8125

About the State Regulatory Agency:
Arkansas Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies is a 7-member board that regulates alarm companies, PIs, security service contractors and polygraph examiners. The board is made up of one sheriff, one PI, one ASIS member, one municipal officer, one polygraph representative, an alarm company representative and a guard representative.

Who needs a license?
Alarm companies need a license, and all employees must be registered.

How often does the license need to be renewed?
Companies must renew their licenses annually.
Employees must renew their registration biannually.

Law Reference:
17-40-101 through 17-40-353


Requirements for alarm system employees:
NTS Level 1 for tech/service and alarm agents. No training requirements for monitoring personnel. Level IIA Electronics and IIB Fire or Board-approved equivalent for managers (ABAT is approved for IIA Electronics and FAIM are approved for IIB Fire). For fire alarm installation in a building with 3 or more stories, either NICET III or ESA II with practical fire is required (FAIM is approved substitute for practical fire).Background check requirement for alarm system employees:
State and Federal

Employment history checks:
List past ten years of employment on application.


Qualifying Agent Requirements:
Level II companies can install residential alarm systems or commercial fire alarms for buildings up to 2 stories or 15,000 sq ft must have either ESA Level II electronics or ABAT, as well as FAIM certification and ESA Level I or NICET II. Level III companies have no limits on building size and can work on both commercial and residential properties. Level III companies have the same ESA requirements as well as NICET III.

Regulation enforced by Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies.


Re-Exam: $50

Class E: $450
Class F: (One owner and 1-5 employees, not incorporated) $225
Technicians, Monitors, Apprentices & Agents: $40

Class E: $150
Class F: $75
Technicians, Monitors, Apprentices & Agents: $40

Reciprocity/Recognition: None

The page you requested either is no longer available or access to it has been restricted.