The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is really three devices in one box. First, there’s the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect both screaming fast Wireless-G (802.11g at 54Mbps) and Wireless-B (802.11b at 11Mbps) devices to the network. There’s also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Connect four PCs directly, or attach more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
Once your computers are connected to the Router and the Internet, they can communicate with each other too, sharing resources and files. All your computers can print on a shared printer connected anywhere in the house. And your computers can share all kinds of files— music, digital pictures, and documents. Keep all your digital music on one computer, and listen to it anywhere in the house. Organize all of your family’s digital pictures in one place, to simplify finding the ones you want, and easing backup to CD-R. Utilize extra free space on one computer when another’s hard drive starts to fill up.
The new Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ feature makes it easy to configure your wireless devices. Just push the button on the Router and on your other Wi-Fi Protected Setup-enabled wireless device to automatically create a WPA2™ connection that protects your data and privacy with up to 128-bit industrial-strength encryption. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users’ access to the Internet. Advanced configuration is a snap with the web browser-based interface.
With the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router at the center of your home or office network, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, printers, and multi-player games with flexibility, speed, security and simplicity!
- Model Number - WRT54G2
- Standards - IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Ports - Internet, Ethernet (1-4), Power
- Buttons - Reset, Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- LEDs - Power, Internet, Ethernet (1-4), Wireless, Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Cabling Type - CAT5
- Number of Antennas - 2 Internal Antennas
- Detachable (y/n) - No
- RF Power (EIRP) in dBm - 18 dBm
- UPnP able/cert - Able
- Security Features - Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall, Internet Policy
- Wireless Security - Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), WEP, Wireless MAC Filtering
- Security Key Bits - 128 Bits
- Dimensions - 7.99" x 1.38" x 6.3" (203 x 35 x 160 mm)
- Weight - 9.88 oz (0.28 kg)
- Power - External, 12V DC, 0.5A
- Certification - FCC, UL, ICES-003, RSS210, CE, Wi-Fi® (802.11b, 802.11g), WPA2, WMM®, Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Operating Temp. - 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Storage Temp. - -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
- Operating Humidity - 10 to 85%, Noncondensing
- Storage Humidity - 5 to 90%, Noncondensing
- Package Contents - Wireless-G Broadband Router, Setup Software and User Guide on CD-ROM, Quick Installation Guide, Network Cable, Power Adapter.
- Minimum Requirements - Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2, or Safari 3 or Higher for Browser-based Configuration. CD-ROM Drive. LELA Software and Setup Wizard Require Windows XP, Vista, or Vista 64-Bit Edition with Latest Updates. Setup Wizard Also Runs under Mac OS X 10.4 or Higher. Wired or Wireless Network Adapter.
WRT-54G2 Spec Sheet